Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Poop and More Poop!

Well, I can add another "Downs" to the post from two days ago. I am down with the stomach flu. I headed to the hospital around my normal time yesterday morning...5:30 so I can make it there by rounds. On the way, my stomach didn't quite just feel right. By the time I got cleared to go back into the NICU about 6:00, I was sweating and knew something was up. I didn't want to do it, but I gave the boy  a kiss on his forehead and turned around and headed home. Probably the toughest thing I have done in a long time because I knew what was coming and wasn't happy that I was not going to get to be around Hayden for awhile. Boy, did I ever get sick. I have been awake for only about 3 hours in the past 32 hours. Let me tell you....being stuck at the Ronald McDonald House, in bed, with no tv is not very fun!

However, there are way more "Ups" that could be added that, make me sad I missed them, but filled me with tears of joy as well!  This morning, Hayden had his first "transitional" non-meconium poop which means his digestive system is working! Kelsea said she had just changed a diaper when she heard an explosion! She also just told me that this afternoon was the first time he breastfed with her, instead of falling asleep, and then pooped again! On one hand, it sucks big time that I'm stuck here missing out on these, but at the same time, I feel like God made things better. Today was such big step forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment