Thursday, July 4, 2013

Complaints

I want to complain about the following things:
  1.  
  2.  
  3.  
  4.  
  5.  
  6.  
  7.  
  8.  
  9.  
  10.  
  11.  
  12.  
  13.  
  14.  
  15.  
I really could go on and on, but I'm trying not to. Sometimes it is so frustrating to see your child crying, and you don't know what it is for....especially when he NEVER cries at home. Sometimes I want to yell and scream and tell the world just how mad and frustrated I am, but I know that won't change anything. When I take a step back and look at the whole picture, how could I ever complain? When we walk through the halls of the hospital, how could I ever complain? When I see some kids in the rooms next to us who more than likely won't be going home, how could I ever complain? Even though when I look at the moment, when I look at a tiny snapshot of the bigger picture and I get lost in it, I know I need to take a step back and look at where we have come from Since September 17th. I need to look at how happy the doctors are with Hayden. I need to look at the looks on the doctors' faces when they come in and see Hayden. He is a star! There are things that I wish were different right now, but things are good. Things are very good. Kelsea and I are amazed at the outpouring of support, thoughts, and prayers that people are sending out for us. We are truly blessed and sometimes don't feel like we deserve everything God has given to us.

Hayden had to have a little oxygen overnight as we was agitated, however, it is back off and he is doing well. The goal today is to keep him happy. Keeping him happy I think is going to revolve around two things.
  1. Keeping his bowels moving gas and poo....he doesn't like it when either get stuck!
  2. Getting some milk in his belly. Even though he is being fed, the tube goes through his stomach and into his jejunum so he doesn't get the "full" feeling. Once he wakes up and acts hungry
He probably could have made it out to the "floor" today (10th floor/Surgery Recovery), but his PICU doctors want to monitor him one more night just because he was showing some signs of withdrawal from his medicine. They don't think it was full blown, but they want to make sure. We are ok with that. We would never turn down the extra attention and care he so deserves!

Mom and Dad are on their way back down for a few hours. They said a couple of nights ago, when they got home, Tucker was extremely disappointed. They drove my truck, and when he was looking out the front window and saw it pull in the driveway, he figured it was me. Mom said he ran outside and circled the truck several times, looking inside, but was so despondent when I didn't get out! It broke my heart!

That's ok though because I have a feeling we will be home to see him soon! Until then, it is time to try to give him a bottle. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment